Just as their website says, it’s going to be snow much fun!
On Sunday, February 11th from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm, we’ll join 1000’s of other Prince Georgians in front of City Hall to chill in downtown Prince George. You’ll be able to enjoy all of the following activities!
DJ ANT will be back to entertain the crowd at the 2018 edition Downtown Winterfest. His lively personality, infectious smile, and great music will get you ready to enjoy the day’s activities!
Love yoga? Why not give it a try in the snow! Snow Yoga with Sunset Studio will be offered at 11:30 am, 12:00 pm and 12:30 pm.
Snow and ice sculptures
Outdoor ice slide
Make sure your kids get a chance to slide down Prince George’s only outdoor ice slide. While you’re at it, why not embrace your inner child and go for a slide?
Ride the Cottonwood Express Minirail Train
The Cottonwood Express Minirail Train is back this year thanks to the Central BC Railway & Forestry Museum. This ride never fails to delight kids and adults alike.
Play hockey with the pros
If you’ve ever dreamed of playing hockey with the pros, here’s your chance. No need for skates: throw on your shoes and play some road hockey with your BCHL Prince George Spruce Kings and Cariboo Cougars.
Sample s’mores made by local businesses, individuals and companies, then vote for your favourite.
Legion Winter Market
Shopping opportunities at both the Legion Winter Market and our local Prince George Farmers’ Market.
Here are some other fun activities you can expect:
- An outdoor food court filled with some of Prince George’s favourite dishes
- Mini Snow Golf with our local YMCA of Northern BC
- A chance to make an elaborate and edible design with Marshmallow Sculptures with the Two Rivers Art Gallery
- Bookmark & Felt Snowman crafts with the Prince George Public Library
- Outdoor soapy fun with Bubble Science and The Exploration Place
- Fat bike demo with Cycle Logic
- Snowmobile display with Forest Power Sports
- Community mascots giving out free high fives
And much more!
Shake off the winter blues and head down for a full day of frosty fun. They won’t take snow for an answer.
If you went to Downtown Winterfest in 2017 or are attending this year, we’d love to see your pictures! Find this blog on our Facebook page and share away.